Skip to main content

Stressed Out? Go to God!

Tonight I just wanted to share a quick bit of encouragement. I know for several students, myself included, finals week is coming fast! Classes are wrapping up, and there are tests, papers, and projects due in the next week. I don't know about you, but it's a little stressful! Add packing up to move out to the mix, and it becomes a nightmare to think about! EEK! But something I was reminded of today is that I need to keep my focus on God, because He will get me through!

Isaiah 40:29 says, "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." Great encouragement, right? I thought it was a good reminder as I finish writing a final paper!

I was reading 'Jesus Calling' today, and the little devotional once again fit exactly what I was going through today. It says:

"Make Me your focal point as you move through this day. Just as a spinning ballerina must keep returning her eyes to a given point to maintain her balance, so you must keep returning your focus to Me. Circumstances are in flux, and the world seems to be whirling around you. The only way to keep your balance is to fix your eyes on Me, the One who never changes. If you gaze too long at your circumstances, you will become dizzy and confused. Look to Me, refreshing yourself in My Presence, and your steps will be steady and sure.            Hebrews 12:2; Psalm 102:27"

This was such an encouragement to me as I looked at my busy schedule for today and the rest of finals week. I was becoming so overwhelmed by all the tests and projects I had to complete, but this was such a good reminder to get my focus back on the One on whom it belongs!

If you're a student, I hope this encourages you to push through finals and finish the semester strong! If you're not a student, this reminder to gaze at Christ continually is always a good reminder! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finals week is here!

As much as I would love to spend time blogging this week, I don't think it's going to happen. It's finals week, so I will be spending nearly all my time studying and packing to move back home for the summer. I hope to start blogging more this summer, but we will have to see! To any college students, good luck with finals, and finish strong! To any graduating seniors, may God bless you as you enter the next chapter of your life! Until next time!

Should I Fit In, or Break the Mold?

I remember when I was in Middle School, I had one of my friends over to spend the night. This friend and I had grown up together, and we still have a close friendship even today. I remember one night in particular that she came over, and we were just hanging out and talking about anything and everything. Somehow, the topic turned to something that I was not allowed to do or watch. Even if I was allowed to do or watch whatever it was, I had no desire to do so anyway. I told this friend that I wasn't allowed to watch the movie, or do whatever it was; she accused me of being a goody-two-shoes and asked if I always had to do "what my mommy told me to". To be honest, I was embarrassed, ashamed that my friends might see me as thinking of myself better than them. I didn't know how to reply, so I just brushed off the comment and changed the subject. We moved on quickly, but I never forgot that conversation. I wonder about how I could have confronted the accusation. Why didn&#

Be Still

I don't know about you, but I have trouble being still. There's just too much to do! I don't have time to sit... or do I? So often, I come up with excuses why I don't take time to sit in the quiet and spend time with God. "I have to get ready for class", or "I have too much homework due tomorrow", or "I haven't spent any time with my friends today, so I'll do it later", or "I finally have a few minutes free, and I want to check Facebook, Twitter, or my email". Anyone else notice a pattern here? Each excuse starts with the pronoun "I". On the surface, these are all good things. Time with friends and furthering education aren't bad things at all. However, don't you think God, the Creator of the universe, the Sustainer of life, deserves more attention? After all, if He didn't give us breath, we wouldn't be able to spend time with our friends or get an education! So why don't we give God the time